Roofoods Limited ("we", "our", “us” or "Deliveroo") is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of all users of our packaging website, www.deliveroo-packaging.com (the "Site"). Personal information means information that identifies you personally such as your name, photo or contact details or data that can be linked with such information in order to identify you (information).
You have the right to object to us using, sharing or carrying out any activity with your personal information (in certain circumstances) including using your personal information for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you about other products which we think will be of interest to you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities). Contact us at any time with the details provided in the contact section below for more detail and to exercise this right where applicable.
- If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
- Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
- Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
- Website: www.ico.org.uk
Information we collect
Your personal information is collected in the following ways:
Information you give us
- You give us information about yourself when you register for an account on our website, including your name, email address and password.
- Where you make a purchase on the Site, we collect information from you to process that transaction successfully and provide you with the relevant products or services. This may include company name, delivery address, telephone number, credit or debit card information and order details.
- You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call.
- If you do not provide the information we require to process an order, we may not be able to proceed with your order.
Information we collect automatically
- We collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, whenever you visit our Site. This could include IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions taken on a Site, and dates and times of Site visits. See our Cookie Notice here.
Use of your information
- We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide a requested service or carry out a contract with you. This may include:
- collecting payment, processing and fulfilling your orders made on our Site;
- providing you with service messages, including messages requesting your feedback on our services and notifying you about changes to our Site or changes to our terms, conditions and policies; and
- enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the provision of services in relation to this Site.
Where we have your consent. Where we have your consent, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you, including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS) and/or e-mail.
Where we have a legitimate interest. This may include:
- investigating and addressing enquiries, questions and complaints and responding to any feedback;
- developing and improving our website to enhance your customer experience;
- improving the quality of the services we provide to customers;
- ensuring effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where we have a legal obligation. This may include:
- to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
- We may use your information to carry out automated decision-making and to create profiles about you. We may also share your information with our third party fraud detection provider, which analyses your order data for fraud detection purposes and may create a profile relating to you. You have certain rights in respect of this activity - please see section 7 below for information on this right.
Retention of your Information
- Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the “Use of Your Information” section above, or for a period of time specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
- When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
- Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
Disclosure of your information
We share your personal information with:
- third party service providers for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us or provide support services to you;
- if you have provided your consent, we allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, and our affiliates and associates, to contact you occasionally about services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by telephone, SMS or by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out above and/or by amending your preferences on your Deliveroo account accordingly; and
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us your personal information will be disclosed to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Site terms and conditions and any other agreement; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of Deliveroo, third parties, visitors to our Site or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- In some cases the personal data we collect from you might be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The countries in which your personal data is processed may not have the same protections for your personal data as the EEA has. However, we are obliged to ensure that the personal data that is processed by us and our suppliers outside of the EEA is protected in the same ways as it would be if it was processed within the EEA. There are therefore certain safeguards in place when your data is processed outside of the EEA, including using EU Model Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or Privacy Shield.
- You can obtain copies of these safeguards by emailing us using the details in the ‘Contact Details’ section above.
- Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights (subject to certain conditions) when it comes to your information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country (i.e. the ICO in the UK). You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through our contact information above.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving emails from us notifying you about other products which we think will be of interest to you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold.
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information that we hold.
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or supress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in the future.
- The right to data portability. You have rights to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection regulator. See contact section above.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time.